Am I really writing a recipe for a salad? Really? Is that the real me? Yup! Guess why? It is because of the overeating at the canteens during the December Music Season. I kinda like the idea of a salad but get tired with the same dressing over and over again. I am starting to make some soups and salads (with a twist) with not so fancy ingredients but stuff available in the home pantry! So here’s the first one. Let me know how it turns out!
Desi Salad – Chinese veggies in a garam masala vinaigrette
Stuff you need:
- Shredded vegetables (White and purple cabbage, carrots, spring onions)
- Boiled chickpeas (I used black because I love the texture)
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Garam masala
- Cream cracker biscuits
How do you make it?
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, garam masala and salt to make a dressing
- Par boil/ steam veggies without adding salt
- Throw in the shredded vegetables and boiled chickpeas and toss in the dressing.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Crush some cream cracker biscuits and garnish
- Serve warm or chilled with a slice of rustic bread!
The salad I made was warm because the vegetables were still warm from being boiled. You can cool this down and serve chilled too.
More soup and salad recipes coming up!