- Very soft and overly ripe jackfruit ( remove seeds)
- 1 cup maida (all purpose flour)
- 1 cup aata (wheat flour)
- 1/4 tsp or pinch of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Sugar 2- 3 tablespoons ( depending on the sweetness of the jackfruit)
- Water to make the batter
- Optional to add few fennel seeds/ saunf
- Mash the jackfruit with hands or fork and pass the juice/ pulp through a muslin cloth or a seive until you get nice smooth pulp in a bowl ( 1- 1.5 cup should be fine)
- Sift maida, aata flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and mix the ingredients with water until you have a smooth thick batter and then add the jackfruit pulp to it
- Add sugar, mix well with your hand or a fork ( you can even use a hand whisker).
- Add the saunf . Once the batter is nicely mixed into a pakora batter consistency, leave it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry by pouring small portions of the batter with a spoon.
- Pour oil on top of the malpuas with the spatula so that they cook evenly and become fluffy.
- Once the colour becomes light brown, remove and let it cool.
- This is a perfect evening time tea snack for the people of Assam.
- Same recipe can be made using bananas or palm fruit as well
Recipe contributed by Kabita Das:
An assamese living in chennai, married to a malayali. A lawyer by profession.
I love to cook and eat food.
My instgram handle is tempt_yourpalate which is dedicated to food i like to eat or cook.
The information or data made available on Puliyogaretravels.com website are provided “AS IS” without warranties of any kind, Puliyogaretravels.com specially disclaims any representations and warranties including without limitation, the implied warranties on fitness for a particular purpose.
Puliyogaretravels.com makes no warranty, representation or guarantee as to content, sequence, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, truthfulness and positioning of the information or the sources that the information may be relied upon for any reason.Under no circumstances, Puliyogaretravels.com shall be liable for loss or damages whatsoever whether is contract, tort or otherwise from the use of, or reliance on the information or from the use of Internet generally.