- 250gm or 1 handful raw tamarind.
- 5 – 10 green chilies (adjust as per your spice level)
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- Salt as per your taste
Ingredients – tempering:
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 tbsp oil
- Wash and pat dry the raw tamarind.
- Break them into pieces and mash the raw tamarind using a pestle.
- If the seeds are hard, remove them.
- Take a small frying pan and dry roast the fenugreek seeds. Set aside to cool
- Heat oil and add mustard and cumin seeds. When the mustard starts spluttering, switch off the stove, add turmeric powder and asafoetida. Set aside to cool
- Grind green chilies and the roasted fenugreek seeds without adding too much water.
- To this paste, add in the mashed tamarind pieces and grind it until fine.
- Once done add salt and grind again without adding any water.
- Mix the tempering with the ground raw tamarind and store in a clean glass jar.
The information or data made available on Puliyogaretravels.com website are provided “AS IS” without warranties of any kind, Puliyogaretravels.com specially disclaims any representations and warranties including without limitation, the implied warranties on fitness for a particular purpose.
Puliyogaretravels.com makes no warranty, representation or guarantee as to content, sequence, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, truthfulness and positioning of the information or the sources that the information may be relied upon for any reason.Under no circumstances, Puliyogaretravels.com shall be liable for loss or damages whatsoever whether is contract, tort or otherwise from the use of, or reliance on the information or from the use of Internet generally.