- 1 kg – Raw mangoes
- 1 kg – Sugar
- Salt – To taste
- Cloves – 7 nos
- Cinnamon sticks – 3
- Red chilli powder – 2tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tbsp
- Peel & grate the mango
- Mix the grated raw mango along with sugar & salt. Mix well in a steel bowl,
- Cover the bowl with a cloth and set is aside for a day indoors.
- The next day, sugar would have melted. Mix well, cover it again and place under sunlight.
- Repeat the same process for 8 days.
- After 8 days open and mix well and then add cloves, cinnamon sticks, red chill powder, and cumin powder. Mix well. Cover and place under sunlight for 4 hours.
Store it in a glass jar. This does not need refrigeration.
- If sugar has not melted, then the pickle is not ready.
Recipe contributed by: Nidhi Shrimali from Ahmedabad.