I had a great time shooting in Chettinad, eating the most delectable food, researching and documenting recipes long lost and forgotten and talking about my love for food in front of the camera. I hope you guys enjoyed watching and reading about chettinad recipes, art and culture. For those who missed it, here are the links to the recipes and art forms in Chettinad.
- The Chettinad food trail – Hello!
- Athangudi tiles – a fantastic Chettinad form
- Kavuni Arisi sweet – A sweet made with black rice from South East Asia
- Paal Kozhakattai (steamed rice dumplings in golden syrup)
- Myriad hues of the Chettinad cotton saree
- Dosai Kuzhambu – Lentil crepes in a spicy tamarind gravy
- Pacha Molaga Mandi – Green chillies in a tamarid gravy
If anyone is interested in planning a trip, dont hesitate to write to me. It is always great to get feedback and that is really what keeps me going on these endless food trails in India. So, please feel free to commment/email/inbox me your feedback.
So long, Chettinad – You’ve been awesome as ever. Cheers!!
For interesting food trails in India, recipes, videos and travelogues – follow us: