- Yoghurt (churned) – 2.5 cups
- Lady’s finger – 8 nos (fried)
Ingredients: Spice paste
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Green chillies – 4 nos
- Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
- Toor dhal – 1 tbsp (soaked in water for 30 mins)
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – ½ tsp
- Red chilly – 1 no
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Churn yoghurt without any lumps. Set aside.
- In a mixie, add the ingredients mentioned under spice paste and grind to a fine paste.
- In a broad vessel, mix this paste with the churned yoghurt. Add salt.
- Place this on the stove and warm.
- Once hot and NOT boiling, heat oil in a wok and temper with mustard, fenugreeks seeds, red chilly and curry leaves and pour over curry.
- Serve hot with rice, lentils and dollops of ghee.
- Vegetables like white pumpkin, carrots, chayote squash, colocasia etc can be added instead of lady’s finger. They need to be boiled with salt before adding in.
Here is the video: