- Urad dal 2 tbsp
- Chana dal 2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves washed, cleaned and dried 1 bunch
- Jaggery lemon size ball
- Tamarind lemon size ball
- Salt to taste
- Few sprigs of curry leaves
- Red chillies 6
- Sesame oil 2tsp
- Heat a wok and dry roast urad dal, chana dal and red chillies till golden and set aside.
- Chop the washed and dried coriander leaves and curry leaves.
- When lentils are cool, grind to a powder along with dried coriander leaves, powdered jaggery, salt, tamarind and chopped curry leaves in a dry grinder.
- Once done, apply sesame oil in your palm and make oval balls and store the kothamalli podi.
- Pairs very well with dosa, idli and curd rice.
Recipe contributed by Ms. Mala Raman
nirmalareddyJune 6, 2020 at 7:16 pm
Thanks for the immediate reply which i didnot expect thanks once again i enjoy your videos with amma
She reminds of my mother God bless both of you