- Boiled & mashed potatoes – 500 gms
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Dry mango powder – 1 tsp
- Green chillies (chopped) – 3 nos
- Asafoetida – ½ tsp
- Ghee – 3 tsp
- Heat ghee in a wok. When hot, temper with cumin seeds, asafoetida and chopped green chillies. Sauté.
- Add the spice powders to the wok and fry. Add little water to ensure the powders aren’t burnt.
- Add the boiled and crumbled potatoes and coat the masala over it.
- Add salt.
- Pour water to immerse the potatoes and boil till gravy thickens.
- If you think it requires more water, please feel free to add.
- Check for salt.
- Once it thickens, switch off stove and garnish with ghee and coriander leaves.
- Serve with rotis, kachoris, luchis, puris, rice.