- Green or yellow moong – ½ cup (soaked in water for 1 hour)
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Red chilly powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander seeds (crushed) – ½ tsp
- Whole-wheat flour – 2 tsp
- Chopped green chillies – 1 tsp
- Chopped ginger – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – ¼ tsp
- Chopped coriander – 1 tsp
- Oil to fry
- Soak lentils in water for an hour.
- Grind lentils to an almost fine paste sprinkling very little water.
- Mix all other ingredients (mentioned above) into the ground lentils.
- Check for salt.
- Grease palms with oil and pinch a ball of dough and make a ball.
- Flatten these balls on greased leaves to form round thin discs.
- Fry them in oil until they puff like pooris.