- 1 noolkol / kholrabi grated
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon fenugreek Seeds
- 3 red chillies
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 turmeric (virali manjal)
- Dry roast mustard, fenugreek seeds and red chillies in a pan. Set aside to cool.
- Once cool grind to a powder along with virali manjal.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan. Once hot, add the grated noolkol/ kohlrabi and sauté
- Once the water has evaporated, add asafoetida, salt and the roasted powder and turn off the flame.
- Once it cools down add lemon juice, transfer to a glass bottle and store in refrigerator
Recipe contributed by Ms. Subamangala Ramaseshan
She is a finance/ audit professional and cooking is her stress buster. She draws inspiration from her grandmother from whom she learnt the basics of cooking. Instagram
This pickle pairs very well with a thengai paal arisi upma / rice grits and lentils cooked in coconut milk. Here is the recipe video.