Watch how this recipe is made in my new series Ammavum Naanum, where Amma teaches me heirloom recipes that have a story to tell. Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and stay tuned for more:
- Cashewnuts – 1 cup
- Raw rice – 2 tsp
- Ginger (chopped) 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies (chopped) – 1
- Salt – to taste
- Water – to grind
- Soak cashewnuts and rice in water for 30 minutes
- Make a paste using ginger and green chillies
- Grind the soaked rice and cashewnuts along with the green chilly ginger paste adding very little water.
- The batter should not be watery but of an urad dhal vadai type batter
- Add salt and mix well
- Make small balls of the batter; flatten between your palms and deep fry in oil or ghee.
- Serve hot
- The oil/ghee temperature should not be too hot but medium for the vadais to cook evenly