- Urad dhall 100g
- Whole black pepper 2 tsp
- Oil 2 tsp
- Red Chilli 5 nos
- Jaggery 1 tsp
- Horse gram 2 tsp
- Tamarind 1 small gooseberry size
- Adamant creeper or Perandai leaves 10 small pieces
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Dry roast all other ingredients except adamant creeper / perandai. Set aside to cool.
- Fry perandai in oil and set aside to cool.
- Grind all together to a coarse powder.
For lactating mothers, this is a postpartum recipe.
Also good for those suffering from knee and joint pain as horse gram is used.
Recipe sent by Ms. Chitra Sekar. Her profile on facebook is here