A vegetarian, vegan version of raw jackfruit cutlets. These cutlets can beat any meat ones hands down!!
250gms cooked raw jackfruit
2 medium sized boiled potatoes
1 small onion finely chopped
1tsp ginger garlic paste
2 green chillies chopped
1/2tbs finely chopped coriander leaves
1/4tsp turmeric powder
1/2tsp chilli powder
1 tsp gram masala
Salt to taste
2tbs wheat flour
Oil for frying
1. Mash the potatoes nicely. Mash the jackfruit in the same bowl as potatoes and don’t over mash them.
2. Mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate for 15mins.
3. Mix wheat flour and water to a consistency to your coat your cutlets and keep aside.
4. Make a ball from the cutlet mixture, dip the ball in the flour mixture and coat the dipped ball in the breadcrumbs to shape to your liking. Continue the same for all the cutlets.
5. Heat oil in a pan and fry your cutlets on medium flame until brown and crispy.
6. Serve hot with your favourite chutney or sauce.
Recipe contributed by Megha Deokule:
Megha is passionate about cooking not only healthy but also tasty food. Her mantra is healthy food can be tasty too! Megha specialises in baking with unrefined ingredients like wheat flour, millet flours and coconut oil. She founded “i2cook Organic Foods LLP”, an organic processing house in 2014. Her products had spread to 100 stores across Bangalore in just 6 months. She has researched Coorg cuisine and was invited by Mumbai university to submit a paper on “Ethnography on Coorg cuisine”. She was also featured on television with chef Kunal Kapoor on Living Foodz.
Her social media – acefoodie
The information or data made available on Puliyogaretravels.com website are provided “AS IS” without warranties of any kind, Puliyogaretravels.com specially disclaims any representations and warranties including without limitation, the implied warranties on fitness for a particular purpose.
Puliyogaretravels.com makes no warranty, representation or guarantee as to content, sequence, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, truthfulness and positioning of the information or the sources that the information may be relied upon for any reason.Under no circumstances, Puliyogaretravels.com shall be liable for loss or damages whatsoever whether is contract, tort or otherwise from the use of, or reliance on the information or from the use of Internet generally.