* Drumsticks – 2 nos or any veggie of your choice
* Toor dhal – ½ cup (pressure cooked with turmeric)
* Sambar powder –2 tbsp
* Tamarind – med size lemon
* Water – 400 ml
Grind to a paste
* Freshly grated coconut – 6 tbsp
* Cumin seeds – 2 tbsp
* Green chillies – 4 nos
* Coconut oil or any oil – 2 tsp
* Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
* Curry leaves – 1 sprig
1. Extract tamarind juice and bring that to a boil along with salt and drumsticks or any veggies.
2. Once the drumsticks are cooked, add the boiled lentils (toor dhal) and bring that to a boil.
3. Add sambar powder.
4. Check for salt and add more water if too thick.
5. Make a smooth paste of coconut, cumin seeds and green chillies.
6. Add this paste to the boiling curry.
7. Allow to boil.
8. Temper in coconut oil with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
9. Serve hot with rice.