· Raw bananas – 2 (peeled & cubed)
· Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
· Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
· Fresh grated coconuts – 2 cups
· Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
· Coconut oil – 2 tsp
· Curry leaves – 1 sprig
1. In a wok, add the raw bananas and pour little water to cover the raw bananas.
2. Add some salt, red chilli and turmeric powders. Cover and cook till soft.
3. In another wok, add coconut oil and dry roast the coconut till nice and brown.
4. Set aside 2 tbsp of roasted coconut for garnish.
5. Grind the remaining roasted coconut along with cumin seeds to a fine paste adding little water.
6. Pour this paste over the cooked raw bananas and stir.
7. Bring to a boil and temper with mustard seeds, curry leaves in coconut oil.
8. Garnish with more roasted coconut (the one you set aside)
9. Pour a teaspoon of coconut oil for more flavour.
10. Serve hot with rice
· The consistency tends to get mushy due to the starch in raw bananas.
· If you are using desiccated coconut, do not roast the coconut but use it as is.
· If you do not like the flavour of coconut oil, regular oil can be used